Non-Executive Member North West Hospital and Health Board
Contribute to the North West Queensland community to provide exceptional healthcare
• Membership opportunity for the North West Hospital and Health Board
• Part-time statutory appointments commencing around October 2022 • Must reside in the North West Queensland region
The Queensland Government provides free universal healthcare to five million Queenslanders through Queensland Health. The Queensland Government is investing a record $22.24 billion in healthcare, which is one third of the state budget.
The North West Hospital and Health Board (HHB) is one of 16 statewide boards and provides governance for the North West Hospital and Health Service (HHS). The North West HHS provides hospital and health care services in the Northwest and Lower Gulf region. As with the 16 councils, the North West HHB is accountable to the Minister of Health and Ambulance Services and must carry out the duties in accordance with the Hospitals and Health Councils Act 2011.
Board members are community leaders and have the ability to shape the future of health care in the region for which they are responsible, while improving the efficient, effective and sustainable delivery of health services.
Highly sought after skills
- are willing and able to add value to the board with your skills, knowledge and experience
- are able to analyze, critically evaluate and drive performance
- have the trust and connections to build community engagement and collaborative partnerships
- are a leader who thinks strategically, embodies personal integrity, has political acumen, business acumen, resilience and team spirit.How to ApplyApplications must be submitted online. For an information pack and instructions on how to submit your application, please visit https://hhb.uandu.com/.